Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lighted bulb

Part two of my series on my new lighting toys involves a snoot, which is loosely defined as something that narrows your flash beam into one that fits your goal.  In this case, the flash was held directly above the little white lightbulb, and snooted down to about the diameter of the light bulb. 

















After I finish the shoots showcasing all of my new toys, I will start combining them together for some more sophisticated lighting scenarios, and start experimenting with other aspects of the flash that I haven't ever spent much time thinking about, such as aperture and zoom settings on the flash itself.  These are some pretty sophisticated devices, and I know I have only scratched the surface of their capabilities.

Nikon D90
Nikor 18-105mm f3.5-5.6
105mm - ISO 200
1/200s- f/5


Nikon SB900
1/32 power @ f4
17mm zoom
Approximately 6" above subject 
Pointed directly down

No comments:

Post a Comment