Saturday, April 30, 2011

Macro faux

Macro faux sounds like some sort of 70's craft project.  But it is actually a fake ladybug in a fake green lawn. Macro shooting with a VERY slow, cheapo lens is a bit insane.  The miniscule depth of field combined with the impossibly slow autofocus means I am doing more moving of myself than I am the lens.  I basically set up the subject, and leaned forward and backward until it was in focus, which I wouldn't advise doing with a killer ear infection.

TTL again, straight bounce off the ceiling.  The darkening around the edges of the photo are due to the effects of the macro lens, not any of my efforts, but I like it.

Canon 5D Mark II
Promaster 70-300mm f4-5.6
228mm - ISO 400
1/60s- f/5


 
Canon 580EXII
TTL - not sure what the settings were
Flash on camera, bounced straight up

1 comment:

  1. Who do we know that has green carpet like this?

    ReplyDelete