Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pretty pretty flower

My friend Abby brought the most beautiful peony to work this week.  I couldn't resist the opportunity to immortalize it.  It is sitting in front of a window with light coming in from the overcast sky.  I like the way it almost seems to fade away into nothing.  I used the macro feature of my lens.  I find macro photography enjoyable because it has a way of taking the most ordinary of objects and finding something interesting in it.

I experimented with adding some flash fill to the right side of the flower, to brighten up that side, but I think it just detracted from the picture.  Sometimes, all-natural is best!

I could have set up a bounce card to catch some of the light from the window to fill in some of the shadows.  I think I will try that next time.

Canon 5D Mark II
Promaster 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6
300mm - ISO 400
1/30s- f/4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment