Saturday, April 16, 2011

A glass of limes and cherries

Today's picture comes courtesy of a good friend who let me borrow his Nikon D7000 when I forgot my camera at home.  Boy, that was a treat!  If the mythical D800 that I keep waiting for is ever released, I can only imagine how awesome it is going to be, considering the great strides made with the 7000.  The focusing really was ridiculous.


Said friend also provided the lighting in the picture with a penlight diffused through many layers of a paper Chili's napkin.  It was pointed straight down from about 4" above the glass.  The napkin acted as a large softbox to diffuse the light over the whole area.

And thanks to my husband, who patiently let me shoot it before he even got a sip!

Nikon D7000
28mm - ISO 1000
1/15s- f/4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment