Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Monet at the end of the day

Received a beautiful surprise at work today - flowers from my husband.  Some days I get lucky and my picture of the day comes to me!  I have always loved the way that the huge aperture on my 50mm lens makes everything outside its narrow zone of focus look soft and beautiful like a Monet painting, and so I thought that would be the perfect way to shoot this lovely bouquet.  The tulips are only a few inches closer to the camera than the rest of the flowers, but that is all that it takes with the 50.  They are really cheap (about $150) for both Nikon and Canon, so I highly recommend one.






































I sat the flowers in front of the blinds in my office, and moved them around to create zones of light and shadow across the flowers, further enhancing the otherworldly effect.

Canon 5D Mark II
50mm - ISO 500
1/6400s- f/1.4

1 comment:

  1. Baroque: When you have no Monet ? Sorry, couldn't resist. Nice pic :)

    ReplyDelete