Monday, February 14, 2011

And the crème brûlée saves the day

Tonight was one of those nights.  I was going to cook a wonderful, romantic dinner for my husband and enjoy a quiet evening in together.  When the top came off my salt grinder and dumped about a quarter cup of salt into my second batch of roasted potatoes, I realized that this was not to be. 

We made it through dinner (drinking a lot of fluids) and were on to the eagerly-anticipated crème brûlée.  While he ran to the hardware store to get fuel for the torch, I realized that when I halved the recipe, I forgot to halve the sugar.  It was a very sweet ending to a pretty salty meal, so I guess that was fitting.

For this shot I bounced a 580EXII off the ceiling, gelled with a pink gel in honor of Valentine's Day.  Not really - I just wanted to soften the scene a bit, and it worked beautifully.

Canon 5D Mark II
105mm - ISO 6400
1/200s- f/5.6

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, the steak was fantastic, the crème brûlée tasted great, and wasn't any more sweet than any others that I have eaten over the years.

    Thank you for such a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete