Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pretty pony

Remember when I said to always reset your settings back to a normal range at the end of a shoot, because you never know what is coming tomorrow?  Well, today is a good example of that.  We came upon a beautiful vintage Mustang today, in front of a crappy background, and I brought a small aperture to the party.  I'm kicking myself because I even thought about putting my 50mm f/1.8 on the camera before we headed over, but didn't.  I could have killed a lot of that background by opening up my aperture and speeding up my shutter.  F/11 was just a ridiculous choice, but I was trying to be fast (because the owner was trying to leave!) and didn't take the time to adjust.



Nikon D90
Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6
42mm - ISO 400
1/500s - f/11

No comments:

Post a Comment