Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tell me a story

My birthday present this year from my husband is this really cool vintage movie camera.  It came in the original leather case, with awesome orange felt interior.  It is a Rondo Cinelec 88 MD8T, built in Tokyo somewhere in the late 50's.  It has three built-in lenses, and a really ingenious viewfinder. 



Because the orange and the metal accents were so striking, I decided to put the camera in its case on a black background, and let the colors and highlights really shine.  I simply bounced a flash straight up to the ceiling.  I could have gotten more definition on the case itself by putting another flash on very low power to camera left, but I didn't think about it at the time. I would love to know what this camera has seen and recorded in its lifetime.

Nikon D90
Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.8
35mm ISO 200
1/160s f/5.6
 
Nikon SB900
1/8 power
17mm zoom
Bounced up to ceiling

No comments:

Post a Comment