Friday, July 8, 2011

Mountain living

I don't think I would mind living in a little shack like this one if it meant I could enjoy this view across the meadow every day! (See next photo.)

We drive past this meadow every year, and finally stopped for some quick shots.  I think the property owners are pretty protective of their property (understandably so), so we had to make it quick.  A storm was building up behind the range on its way to Denver, and combined with the setting sun, produced some amazing cloud formations.

Interesting note: my polarizing filter cancelled out a beautiful rainbow that briefly appeared above the mountains in the photo below.  I guess rainbows are made of polarized light!
 
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 24-105mm f4
24mm - ISO 2000
1/100s- f/4.5




 
















Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 24-105mm f4
24mm - ISO 2000
1/40s- f/4
.5

No comments:

Post a Comment