Friday, July 15, 2011

Love Potion No. 9

I'm excited about seeing the final Harry Potter movie sometime soon, so when I grabbed my pink foaming hand soap to wash up this evening, it brought a little bit of magic to my mind.  Doesn't a love potion by definition need to be pink and bubbly?  I had a lot of fun with shooting from different angles, but finally settled on this mostly-bubbles shot.  It is lit from above by two wall sconces and also the side by a flash about two feet to camera left.  There is a blue cast to the scene because my camera's white balance was set to tungsten because of the room lighting, and when I decided to add a flash, I forgot to gel it with an orange gel to match the ambient lights.  Oops!

Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 24-105mm f4
105mm - ISO 200
1/40s- f/9



Canon 580EXII
1/128 power
14mm zoom
Triggered with Pocket Wizard Plus II

No comments:

Post a Comment