Saturday, July 2, 2011

Cold as ice

We have been living with some truly scorching temperatures this week, and I have been dreaming of my college days working at TCBY where I would hang out in the blast freezer for a few minutes to cool down after walking to work on summer days. 

I was taking some pictures of the condensation on a bottle of vodka we have in our freezer (left over from our attempt at homemade vanilla extract using vodka and a vanilla bean).  As I was putting the bottle away, I decided to take one last shot.  It is lit almost completely by my flash, but I set my white balance to tungsten, which automatically compensates for the orange cast to most tungsten lights with the addition of blue (I'm sure there is a better scientific explanation of the process out there somewhere).  This caused the icy blue look of the photo.
























Canon 5D Mark II
Promaster 70-300mm f4-5.6
300mm - ISO 800
1/50s- f/5.6


Canon 580EXII
TTL
On-camera, bounced up to ceiling

No comments:

Post a Comment