Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Up to 11

I had a good time behind the sound board at youth group tonight.  As a very visual person, I love the lighting rig and the ambiance it creates.  It is hard to capture its true beauty in a photograph, though, because if you close down the aperture to keep from blowing out the forward-facing array, you lose the beautiful color wash across the backdrop.  I'm sure there is a happy medium - I just didn't find it tonight.  

Concert lighting is always dynamic and challenging.  I highly recommend that you practice as much as possible in any venue that allows cameras, so you will be prepared for the shot you REALLY want to get at the next Justin Bieber concert.  Kidding!




Canon 5D Mark II
56mm - ISO 3200
1/60s- f/4.5

1 comment:

  1. When she says Justin Bieber, she means Metallica, Dream Theater, or Victor Wooten.

    ReplyDelete