Thursday, January 6, 2011

Shot through and through

Christmas is over, and January is the month of the snowman around my house.  Another way to add interest to an object is to shoot it through another object.  In this instance, I focused on the snowman's face, locked my focus into place, held a CD up in front of the lens and shot through it.  The CD provides a nice vignetting frame around my subject. 

















Nikon D90
50mm - ISO 200
1.6s - f/5

As an extra today, here is a good read from a wonderful street photographer, who has more guts than I ever will and some beautiful insight on photographing people, which as you can tell from this blog so far, is not one of my strong suits.

1 comment:

  1. Judging by the etchings on the CD, it must have been Metallica's "And Justice For All" album.

    ReplyDelete