Monday, September 5, 2011

A labor of love

I made some roasted tomato and tomatillo salsa today, which involved a lot of chopping, baking and peeling and produced somewhat mixed results. I was working from several recipes, which meant I wasn't really following any of them. It ended up being a bit too strong on the onion and lime flavors to my taste. But I had fun doing all of the prep work, and will probably make another attempt soon.

The lighting was all ambient from my small kitchen window. It has a metal awning over top of it, so I don't normally get much light in through it. However, my white car was parked right in front of it, and was bouncing some light right into the kitchen for me!






Nikon D90
Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6
42mm - ISO 200
1/13s - f/4.8

No comments:

Post a Comment